Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 203

Don B, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Rarest of the rare?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

point
See User information
hi all u packard fans out there,,im the guy that bought the clipper,its well under restoration ,any one with any stainless or chrome fit this car ,,sure be interested,,thanks,, joe

Posted on: 2013/11/5 14:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
I wouldn't say that a Constellation with a manual transmission would be all that rare, but I believe that the Twin Ultramatic was the standard transmission with the Constellation. The ad doesn't say anything about the suspension, so I have to assume that it's on the car.

It is a good thing that the car spent its life in California so any rust would be minimal. I have definitely seen a lot worse that have been brought back to decent shape. Overall, I think it would be a good car to restore and could bring a lot of pleasure to its current and future owners.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 19:17
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

point wrote:
hi all u packard fans out there,,im the guy that bought the clipper,its well under restoration ,any one with any stainless or chrome fit this car ,,sure be interested,,thanks,, joe

Check with Mike Dulinski (218)721-4631. He has about the largest selection of 55-6 parts cars around on your side of the country and could probably help. If you are logged in, you might follow this link & PM an inquiry to packardsouthwesthttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/userinfo.php?uid=3792 He might have the chrome you need in one of the warehouses he's currently going thru.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 21:25
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
I wouldn't say that a Constellation with a manual transmission would be all that rare, but I believe that the Twin Ultramatic was the standard transmission with the Constellation. The ad doesn't say anything about the suspension, so I have to assume that it's on the car.

For both 55 and 56, Twin Ultra was standard on Seniors (inlduing the 56 Exec), but optional on all models in the the Clipper line.

As for Torsion-Level, it was optional equipment on Clipper Custom models throughout the 55th Series run, but the parts books lists no conventional spring equipment details for the 5560 chassis, which seems to indicate 100% install in production.

See the RPO charts in thise site's archive, which were derived from factory-issued Trade Letters.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 21:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Joe, point,

Don't forget, you can include your '55 Clipper Constellation Hardtop as well as any other Packards you may own, in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/11/6 0:42
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

point
See User information
ur right, on very little rust ,being a california car,,one reason to buy it,it does have the T L suspension on it,and also it has no power options no power seat,windows,brakes,steering,living in the rust belt its a pleasure work on this car ,in its condition

Posted on: 2013/11/6 2:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
I'm jealous--that is just how I like my cars; full manual except the two desirable items, the overdrive and the Torsion Level. You own the fastest car in the 55 lineup. A Caribbean with all that extra weight and Ultramatic will not even touch it.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 9:48
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
People always talk about it came from Calif so it must be a rust free car.

Just a note, Calif is a long state with many different climate regions. A Southern Calif car will have a dramatically different condition that a northern Calif car. Northern Calif has weather more like the Pacific Northwest then it does Southern Calif. The Sierra Nevadas (North-Eastern Calif) gets snowfall that would rival places back east.

My car spend the first half of it's life near Lake Tahoe and with the rain and snow in that area...it explains alot of the rust I had to contend with.

On the other hand....Hot, dry weather like we have in Southern Calif, Central Valley and most of the Southwest US, destroys rubber, plastics, wire harnesses and sun fades/dry rots interiors. So pick your poison.

My car had an even life of both. So buyer beware... car location is not always a good measure of car condition.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 16:26
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved