Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 221

29- 640 Club Sedan, dick29, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard interior kits
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ronn
See User information
Hi I am wanting to know can you still buy interior kits (headling,carpet,seat trim and door trims etc).
Or can you still buy the original broadcloth material and or original trim patterns the car is a 1949 club sedan.
Cheers Ron

Posted on: 2013/11/27 5:19
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard interior kits
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
answer depends on which model, as the cloth varied. Please say if your car is 22nd or 23rd series and Eight, Eight Deluxe, Super Eight, etc. The houndstooth check is not to my knowledge available. For the striped broadcloth, I believe there are close approximations.

Posted on: 2013/11/27 8:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Your car is very similar to the 47 and I've checked into some kits for my 47. Don't think anyone has a complete offering as you asked about. For your year, the vendors offer some generic type kits out of modern materials that can be custom made to fit your dimensions.

Headliner kits from Kanter seem to be a reasonably close material to original so I ordered theirs. On the seats, there appears to be a larger difference as to the actual sewing patterns and style and of course, the material vs the original. To closely duplicate yours, believe it will have to be custom done by a local shop with the closest match in material you can find.

You might try Hirsch, LeBaron-Bonney or SMS for the fabric. Hirsch has some fabric photos on his website, LeBaron has website photos and a nice catalog you can order. LeBaron has some appropriate looking postwar 22-3 fabric but apparently no Packard seat patterns (at least not 47) to make a kit. SMS website seems to be describe and they will send a swatch or try and match something you send in -- but they do offer to custom make a fabric -- not cheap or quick though.

Carpet kits are also nylon for the most part. If your car had the luxury style wool as was used on higher end cars, again it's try and find something close and have it made. Hirsch has some wool carpet but not necessarily the correct one.

Posted on: 2013/11/27 9:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim McDermaid
See User information
As I need to improve my upholstery after reading this thread, I made contact with LeBaron and Bonney.

They have a web site.

They request the trim code and paint code which I happen to know is stamped on a sticker on the right hand side of the glove drawer on my car.

The sticker is in good condition but the stamped numbers are a little unclear.

It appears each is two digits which could be a number and letter.

Paint looks like 3C, my car is Polar Blue body with Meridian Blue top.

The upholstery looks like 7?

Is there a good way to cross this?

Will I find this information anywhere else on the car?

Jim

Posted on: 2013/11/27 11:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I think we just landed in 1954

Could the "3" be a "B"?

BC is Meridian and Polaris Blues

Posted on: 2013/11/27 11:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

Jim McDermaid wrote:
They request the trim code and paint code which I happen to know is stamped on a sticker on the right hand side of the glove drawer on my car.

The sticker is in good condition but the stamped numbers are a little unclear.

It appears each is two digits which could be a number and letter.

Paint looks like 3C, my car is Polar Blue body with Meridian Blue top.

The upholstery looks like 7?

Is there a good way to cross this?

Will I find this information anywhere else on the car?

Jim

Upholstery trim codes are shown by series at the front of the 1948-54 parts list.
For a 1954 Cavalier, body 5472 the most likely trim code for a blue car is 76.
This is described as dark blue broadcloth and light blue nylon.

Posted on: 2013/11/27 14:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Ron 1950 club sedan,
A more formal to PackardInfo than the one I gave in my PM!

Looks like you're getting plenty of good advice and info from the experienced, knowledgeable and friendly people here on PackardInfo.

And I invite you to include your '50 Club Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry here on the Site.

Posted on: 2013/11/27 15:28
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Join the "club". It's not a problem getting a nice interior but a "correct" one is a bit more of a challenge in this period, especially the "club" interiors. It's not like looking it up in a catalog.
Lady @ LeBaron-Bonney told me they don't have original P cloth. All the samples they sent were nice, price was excellent, but no where close to mine. If I couldn't find match, I'd probably would have ordered something from them. They have quite an online collection. Hirsch didn't show what I needed online, mostly earlier cloths. I did not contact Hirsch based on that, so you might try. Let us know, if it's good. SMS has the correct fabrics/wool carpet in this era. A bit pricey but not out of line, but you still have installation $. I'm waiting on my seat cloth from them, it should be in Mon. Be "patient" and send them any swatches you can salvage if you want exact match. I got a headliner from another source, there's confusion on the correct color so going through iterations there. Thanks for the lead, HH, I'll see what Kanter has. I remember checking them but did not pursue a liner because at that time I was searchng for material for my upholsterer.
There are many other places that handle upholstery materials to try. Search automotive interior cloth. I've gotten lots of samples and searched fabric that way.
I had NO success w/ PAC or the museums on factory interior materials or references. I was able to find a few original interior pictures from cars for sale, of course, none like mine but they are similar. The roster guy was nice and helpful but did not solve the puzzle. He confirmed what I already had found. So stick with the vendors.

Posted on: 2013/11/27 17:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
Thanks for the lead, HH, I'll see what Kanter has. I remember checking them but did not pursue a liner because at that time I was searchng for material for my upholsterer.

I'm hoping the entire headliner matches the fabric sample. If it does I will be a happy camper. Headliner is not here yet but the sample was a very close match in color and feel to what I had. I think the material is cotton instead of wool so time will tell how a big piece compares.

Hirsch had the lightweight wool in a similar color but Kanters price was less than half. Since there will probably be a hole cut for an AC vent, decided not to spend big bucks on something that may not work out and need to change. SMS had a good color and similar price to Kanter but their sample material was very thin and a totally different feel compared to Kanters sample or the original.

Posted on: 2013/11/27 18:40
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ronn
See User information
Hi,
My car is a 2395 eight and the trim code is 47 which is grey striped broadcloth but there is a small piece left on a seat and im sure it looks like blue striped broadcloth so maybe thats from trim code 503 which is from a custom eight.
Any way the car is not the original colour so I would entertain a different colour trim but I do like the idea of broadcloth
Cheers

Posted on: 2013/11/28 5:37
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved