Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 227

Packard Don, BigKev, Wat_Tyler, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Any weekend project plans?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
going to be putting the suspension back together in preparation for sending to the soda man ;0)

Posted on: 2008/10/4 12:26
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Well, after catching up online and with other chores, I'll be coding entries from SSB articles for the 1951-54 Service Index, and then starting in on SC articles for same.

Posted on: 2008/10/4 14:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Driving 500 miles to Hershey.

Posted on: 2008/10/4 21:54
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Russell James
See User information
Hi All

We have a long weekend in our part of Aust (4 states on hols out of the 6 States and 2 territories). The project this weekend was to take my wife up to visit Mathew Rattray's pub and relax (3hrs west of me).

Both of us have our Packards waiting for parts, so we might have to drown our sorrows.

After a relaxing 2 nights, hopped in the modern to drive home, no gears!!! "Hey Matty, gotta get the missus home, can I borrow a modern for 6 hours?" "Sure thing" says Mat.

So now I am back at the pub (with my 9yo son), and we are both in his office, with 3 computers, playing around on websites. Project is now - how to get the Subie back home!

Not a Packard project, but we're having fun sorting out what the next stages of our projects are!

Cheers

Posted on: 2008/10/5 8:08
Russ (the prodigal son)
56 400 (sold 2022)
39 1702 7 pass touring (long term project)
38 1602 7 pass limousine (needs work)

Learnt to drive on a 50 in 1969
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
G'day all,

Well down here in Aus we have had s long weekend which has been a very busy one, spending most of the weekend in the kitchen at the hotel. A packard friend of mine Russ James (Russpackaus) came up for the weekend. Though I couldn't convince him to bring his baby girl up for the weekend (Thats his 56 400 ) Instead he brought up his Subaru Forester, he also spent a lot of time helping in the kitchen he thought he was coming up for a holiday, ended up more a working holiday. Preparing food, collecting used plates and washing dishes.

He must have enjoyed his holiday well his modern car did, it didn't want to go .. I thought this only happened to Packards, so I gave him one of my cars to get back home and we would work something out with the modern. Though about 5hrs after his departure I recieved a phone call, "Mat, I'm coming back up see you in an hour." He made it back for dinner and now were are both sitting in the office on the Packardinfo site, do you think were obsessed? So as Russell states in his post (note: were comparing notes as we type the plan is to try and get the modern back to Russ's place. So for all those who are also having Packard problems just remember these modern vehicles still break down too

Posted on: 2008/10/5 8:09
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Russell James
See User information
Hi Mat

It wasn't that busy..., you got a chance to get an e-bay bid for a book on Friday night. That was a late night too!

Posted on: 2008/10/5 8:18
Russ (the prodigal son)
56 400 (sold 2022)
39 1702 7 pass touring (long term project)
38 1602 7 pass limousine (needs work)

Learnt to drive on a 50 in 1969
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Russ & Mat,

Sounds like a good time except for the Subaru drama. Let us know how it all works out.

We'll definitely have to have a Packard Club run to Hill End next year. It'll sure be a little different as we don't usually wash the dishes, etc when we go on a run.

Posted on: 2008/10/5 15:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Guscha:

The tail-lights on that car look similar to 57' Pontiac.

Alk

Posted on: 2008/10/7 10:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Very true. I think what we're all saying--in different ways--is that it appears the Russian thinking was still "why design and innovate when you can copy and paste".

Posted on: 2008/10/7 12:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
I think this says it all Guscha:

Attach file:

jpg  (57.31 KB)
633_48ebd0daabdd4.jpg 800X590 px

Posted on: 2008/10/7 16:13
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved