Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
186 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 185

Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

!948 Packard conv. ebay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I'm interested in this Packard for myself as the owner said no expense was spared in the restoration and it's a show car. I'm thinking to make an offer to buy the car outright and end the auction early. Many of you on here are far more knowledgeable on these Packards than I and I'd like your opinion as to what a fair offer would be.

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260735993542&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

Posted on: 2011/2/13 9:24
 Top  Print   

Re: !948 Packard conv. ebay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Antique cars are worth what a buyer and a seller say they are worth as the result of a transaction.

Given that as a disclaimer, the 2011 Collector Car Price Guide lists the 1948 & early 1949 22nd Series Super 8 120" wheelbase convertible, 2232, as follows:

Condition 3: $26,550 "Very Good" Good Amateur restoration or partially redtored

Condition 2: $41,300 "Fine" Well restored or superior restoration and some original

Condition 1: $59,000 "Excellent" Restored to current maximum professional standards in every area

Remember, its up to you and the seller to determine the real market number. Good luck.

Posted on: 2011/2/13 9:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I found these NADA values, they seem pretty far off from the collector car guide. Are they over inflated or is the true value somewhere in the middle of these two guides?

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1948/Packard

Posted on: 2011/2/13 10:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
NADA is about the only reference that I know of that uses reports from real-world sales to arrive at their vehicle values.

It's anybody's guess what other price guides rely on, but I'm a bit skeptical of them since they are magazines that are geared to make a profit.

Posted on: 2011/2/13 12:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
BH's point is very good. His comment caused me to think about taking my own advice. Here's a link to the auction results of a similar car sold at RM's Scottsdale Auction a few weeks ago. This is likely the best comparable out there. Remember that the RM price includes a 10% added buyer's premium. So the buyer's bid was $60,000. Hope this helps.

http://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?SaleCode=AZ11&CarID=r205

Posted on: 2011/2/13 13:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
This is an interesting car because it appears to be a Custom 8 body on a Super 8 chassis.

Posted on: 2011/2/13 15:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Quote:
This is an interesting car because it appears to be a Custom 8 body on a Super 8 chassis.

Don't know which convertible of the two referenced above you are talking about but they both look like Super 8 bodies on the 120" wheelbase to me. How would you get a Custom body (127" wheelbase) on a 22nd series Super 8 chassis (120")? Maybe I'm just missing something (again).

Posted on: 2011/2/13 15:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
JD

In bathtubs the difference in length is in front of the firewall.

There you have 'bathtub" and "firewall" in the same sentence!

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2011/2/13 19:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
IN the 22nd series the Eight and Super Eight are on the 122" wheelbase, the Custom Eight is on the 127" wheelbase. The bodies for all convertibles 22nd and 23rd series are virtually identical except for holes for stainless moldings, rear grilles and taillights. The longer wheelbase cars use longer front fenders.

The last 120" wheelbase car was the 1937 120, I believe

Posted on: 2011/2/13 22:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
car appears to have the custom trim on the glove box door,all you need to do is change the door and add hole for key lock. the true test is if the car has the stainless steel caps on top of the doors and the rear side windows, doors are not hard to change but very big job to change rear 1/4. also custom has chrome on some of the top framework. i can't see why someone would put a custom body on a short wheelbase frame. car looks very nice, would like to see more pictures-frame, engine to see if car has any more problems other then the interior which should be leather with cloth inserts. if you like it go drive it and buy it-have fun

Posted on: 2011/2/13 22:24

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved