Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
76 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 75

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Hello
Just popping in
Just popping in

Sugaree
See User information
I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I'll be lurking around and probably asking a lot of questions very soon. I just bought a 1939 4-door 120. I actually know very little about car restoration, but it looks like I'll be learning.

Posted on: 2011/4/8 10:49
 Top  Print   

Re: Hello
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Great! Best of luck with your endeavors, and you'll find plenty of help here. If possible, can you provide with with the large embossed number on the engine side of the cowl (enclosed by sidwise triangles) and the vehicle number from the brass patent plate (vehicle number plate), also on the cowl? PM me if you're concerned about privacy.

Many thanks.

Posted on: 2011/4/8 10:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Congratulations on the 120! They are fine automobiles, since I also have one ...I bought a 41 110 a long time ago in Letohatchee AL. Beat myself to death over that car, but had to let it go so I could send the kids to college. Love to see some photos of your car.

Posted on: 2011/4/8 13:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Sugaree,
Like to add my to those already made. And speaking of '39 120 4 door Touring Sedans we'll be using one as a wedding car later today, along with a couple of other Packards. Ask plenty of questions, the experienced and knowledgeable Packard people here are always willing to help. And I invite you to include your '39 120 in the Packard Owners Registry. here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2011/4/8 15:44
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gregg Shelton
See User information
Welcome! hope you have fun with your '39. Check out the project blogs, you will learn a lot there. I have one, as do many others here.

Posted on: 2011/4/8 17:09
Forty one is the one! Packard 120 touring sedan
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Sugaree
See User information
The BDN is 512941. I'll get the VN # for you as soon as I have it. The plate is in a box that is being delivered sometime this weekend. The last owners took it off to paint it and never put it back on. They do have it though.

Posted on: 2011/4/8 22:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks, I look forward to the corresponding vehicle number.

Posted on: 2011/4/8 22:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Donot what part of Al you live in-Blue Ridge Packard club is planning a trip to Gadsden Al in May 12 time frame.

Posted on: 2011/4/9 19:43
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Sugaree
See User information
Got the vehicle number plates. There are two of them. One gives the vehicle number as 2271-9-3077 with a paint scheme of B and a trim code of 403. I know that the paint scheme is for Packard Blue, but I can't find the 403 trim code. I know that it has the remnants of tan beford cord in though. The other has a number of 1292-1339 showing a dealer name of McCormack Bros Moter Car Co Inc in Birmingham, AL with a date of 7-31-39.

I'm not too far from Gadsden. Went through there this afternoon. The car definitely won't be ready to drive by that time, but I'd love to come look and ask questions.

Posted on: 2011/4/9 21:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The first patent plate does not go with your car. Somewhere out there is a 1949 22nd series Deluxe Super LWB Sedan looking for its identity.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/4/9 21:18
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved