Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Christmas Gifts
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Hope all here had a Merry Christmas as I did. I recieved a couple of unique gifts one a book with some of the pictures of my rebuild. Another useful gift of a oil change kit with oil filter funnel and rags to clean up with the giver did add no labor included.

Attach file:

jpg  (131.96 KB)
252_52bdf540bfb78.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (56.47 KB)
252_52bdf57a23517.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (91.25 KB)
252_52bdf59e79610.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (89.40 KB)
252_52bdf5bf3942b.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (79.70 KB)
252_52bdf5d189060.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/12/27 16:50
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

Re: Christmas Gifts
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Al,

Great gifts. Really like the rebuild photo album, very nice.

Posted on: 2013/12/27 17:04
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Al, evidently, Santa loves the nice boys.

Posted on: 2013/12/28 2:36
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Well Guscha, I guess Santa did not love me or I must not have been a nice boy. Or maybe both.

I asked Santa (aka my wife) for a weatherstripping kit for the Clipper. The one that on it now I think is the same one installed when the car was restored in the 1980s, so it has held up pretty well. But it needs to be replaced now.

So you can imagine my excitement as I bounded down the stairs anxious to open the gift-wrapped kit only to find ... nothing. Well, there were some gifts, but nothing related to Packards. You can only imagine how devastated I felt. And I even bought my wife a fancy new toaster!

In fairness to my wife, she could not figure out which weatherstripping kit to order, so to err on the side of prudence, she decided not to order one at all and leave that choice up to me.

But I am still dejected. Santa will not get a ride in the Bumblebee any time during 2014!

Posted on: 2013/12/28 12:18
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Maybe your wife found the toaster or maybe realized the box was too big for diamonds and too small for a mink -- but a gift certificate from one of the weatherstrip vendors would have been a nice consolation present.

Next year you can start about Labor day with the vendors pages showing weatherstrip info and numbers printed out and left laying hither and yon. Drop little hints and ask periodically if she knew where you left a particular page. Break down and give Santa a ride pointing out the drafts or leaks. While it might not help or might even get you a sleeping bag in the garage for a few nights, worth a shot.

Seriously, I think your wife has good judgement. Trying to return the wrong item received (even though it was properly ordered) and then to get the correct one can be an exercise in itself. Ask me how I know.

Posted on: 2013/12/28 13:58
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Howard, do you consider it particularly promising to seek periodically talks with a woman about weatherstrips?

<iframe width="500" height="375" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hayuqriufPQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted on: 2013/12/28 15:06
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Howard, do you consider it particularly promising to seek periodically talks with a woman about weatherstrips?

Promising, maybe not but sometimes that depends on the woman and what's on the table. Some I've met would know more about weatherstrips than I would and would be very happy talking about them. With other women, compared to some things they want to talk about, yes absolutely weatherstrips would be my subject of choice. Talking about weatherstrips and the like is probably how I've managed to stay single, sane and solvent.

In MrBumble's case I thought maybe his wife might decide to "find" one of his pages next year and mail it to a vendor and know to give instructions to "send this one" -- but I also did mention the possibility of a sleeping bag in his future.

Posted on: 2013/12/28 15:43
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Thanks for your concern, folks; but all is just fine. She Who Knows So Much Better Than Me has granted me permission to go ahead and order what I need. I will do the job this spring.

Posted on: 2013/12/28 18:56
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sloride75
See User information
The UPS guy delivered "Santa's" gift today:

Attach file:

jpg  (38.21 KB)
19454_52bf7287a8562.jpg 1280X721 px

Posted on: 2013/12/28 19:53
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A Packard enthusiast down in TX who appears occasionally on these pages thoughtfully sent me this 3 x 5 foot photo poster of my 34. The image is from the one that appeared on the cover of a recent issue of TPC. It's very much appreciated, now I'm searching for wall space!

Attach file:

jpg  (134.39 KB)
177_52bf759e6fcd5.jpg 1280X854 px

Posted on: 2013/12/28 20:06
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved