Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

41 110 running board resto
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Cronjie
See User information
Hello, I have a pair of 110 coupe running boards that need restored. I know that 41 was the first year that they were an option, so it seems a little harder to find boards or matting. Is there anyone that you would recommend to restore these? I think I read where some people would strip them and then rino line them. They would then sand them smooth.Thanks for any info. Paul

Posted on: 2018/12/2 12:54
 Top  Print 

Re: 41 110 running board resto
Home away from home
Home away from home

1940-120
See User information
Paul

Speaking from experience I have 1940-120. First I inquired if Hunley Acuff is still doing running boards. After confirming that he does I scraped them down, then had them blasted, then I had dies made to conform to the contour of the boards, where they were rusted out. Had new patches welded in. then powder coated the bottom side then off to Hunley. Next step is to fix the rust roughness then a coat of paint.

Time consuming and definitely not pocket change cost wise.

Good Luck
Fred D

Posted on: 2018/12/2 13:44
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Call Don Lampen in Michigan; cell 616-796-4429 or home 616-392-6605 or e-mail at donaldlampen@yahoo.com

He advertised in the Cormorant News Bulletin that he has the running board rubber for 1938 through 1940 model 120s and the 1932 Light Eight.

--Roger--

Posted on: 2018/12/2 13:51
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I did the boards on my 42 110 convertible my self, which is the same as your 41. At the time steele Rubber had the covers which were in four pieces. we burned the rubber off then bead blasted and power coated. To put the four pieces of rubber on is a pain as the main section covers most of the board and then the corners have to be fit. The forth piece goes along the inside. I tried several cements and finally had to use a two part epoxy. I would suggest you buy a set of the running board delete fiberglass reproduction and save a lot of work and frustration.

Posted on: 2018/12/2 18:22

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Cronjie
See User information
Sorry, but what do you mean by " delete fiberglass reproductions"? Is there an outfit that makes fiberglass repros? Thanks.

Posted on: 2018/12/3 5:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
The running board delete items were reproduced by some one in san Diego. I believe it was by a member of the San Diego region of PI which is now a region of PAC. I saw a set on e-bay not to long ago, and I believe Steele makes the rear fender shields. You might check with PAC to see if they have any information. Good luck Sorry just looked at Steele and they do not list the gravel guards.

Posted on: 2018/12/3 9:21

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Cronjie
See User information
Ok. Now I see what you mean. Found a pair on ebay. I would like to keep with the regular running boards. Saw where an outfit in British Columbia "Running Board Rubber Company" has a picture of a pair of 41 running boards they restored. Has anyone dealt with them? I will still call Hunley Acuff, but just seeing what my options are.

Posted on: 2018/12/3 13:02
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

tabletennissport
See User information
If you want the very best job, Hunley Acuff is your man!
His work is gorgeous!

Posted on: 2018/12/3 20:43
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
In this post are a couple of photos of the running boards Hunley Acuff did for Noel(tabletennissport). As Noel said, they are "gorgeous".

Posted on: 2018/12/3 21:31
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
The person that reproduced the delete rockers is no longer doing them. Period.

Posted on: 2018/12/3 23:00
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved