Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

Re: Randy
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
You seem to have two sets of rules when it comes to me, Mr. Guscha

1.) The question was asked by Robert.... So complain to Robert and send/post your rule corrections to Robert about whatever direction the thread went. I was merely responding to Robert's question. And it is about 1956 Caribbean and it is a valid question... even if perhaps some people don't want it discussed for what may be obvious reasons.

2.) You have certainly attempted to hijack my participation in other threads in the past. And you've made snide remarks (perhaps I should post about the etiquette rule over grudges). So? What is your morbid and deep interest here? And what is the do as you say, but don't do as you do ruling here?

Didn't you just "hijack" (according to your implication to me) R1lark's thread about Jim Nance and his father with the Predictor? You took us all the way to Russia on a non-Packard vehicle. You may have been responding to Rickey Dillinger's question... but how does that make the principle legit for you and not for me? Same thing. There is a word for this kind of barefaced hypocrisy in the USA... and you ought to know what it is.

Perhaps you don't want this talked about for a reason other than what you are saying?

Hijacking goes on in this forum all the time. But where are you when that happens? And why aren't you following the same "etiquette"? So why is it more grievous when it can be construed that I was somehow involved? I don't see you posting complaints or "etiquette directions" to others! Or following them yourself. So why chastise only me? Why direct your correction to only me?? Your slips are showing Guscha. We both know very well what this is really about.

As for anyone else such as the original poster who might in some way be bothered that I took the time to respond to Robert's question (how dare I?) ... hey, my sincere apologies.

So... let's talk some more about Randy's Caribbean.

Posted on: 2021/4/27 13:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
I have a real live update on Randy's/ my Caribbean managed to organize and move things in my garage to start actual work on project. Have been working on going over parts I had gotten from Randy's home after his passing with the cooperation of his Daughter who was extremely helpful under the sad conditions of her father and sisters. Any way got parts and car in my garage now had to track down some parts that got hauled away by mistake from one of Randys storage sites. So far have been lucky or blessed maybe Randy is still following his project and trying to keep me on his desired path.
Took a while to get someone to move car located local guy who did excellent job and was very careful while loading and unloading car. He made sure hood and trunk and door were secured. One of last things Randy told me was to make sure hood was tied down before moving as latch was not installed and that a replacement hood would be hard to find. Had to clean car as quite a bit of dust and dirt were on I washed and cleaned. Started installing parts I have. The learning process is on going as I was not involved in removing any parts. For me its like putting a puzzle together without having the picture of finished picture. My prior training slash experience is limited to Studebakers and my Clipper . I tell people the Caribbean is my Clippers older rich uncle. Have been telling my friends I will spend this winter in the Caribbean.
Really happy about chrome and stainless trim pieces have all I need except short piece of stainless on front fender and trunk lock handle with key.

Attach file:

jpg  DSC07320.JPG (214.93 KB)
252_6196e68a7e2d5.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  DSC07317.JPG (208.90 KB)
252_6196e6a264ff1.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/11/18 18:50
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Acolds, wonderful to hear my friend Randy's Caribbean is moving forward. If you still need a hood latch I can help, send me a PM.

Posted on: 2021/11/18 19:05
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Well done Al, good to see Randy's/your Caribbean returning to it's former slendour.

Posted on: 2021/11/18 19:31
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information
Great to see Randy's car again and in such good hands Acold! Thank you for the holiday treat seeing the Caribbean. Looking forward to more pictures as you piece more of the puzzle together.

Posted on: 2021/11/18 19:40
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Al,

Glad to see that you have begun to work on completing Randy's dream car.

IIRC, when Randy found this car for sale, it was billed as "partially restored" and/or "needs completed". As usual, that was a bit optimistic. Except for the paint job, which needed some touch-up, Randy took damn near everything apart and re-did it to his exacting standards. He was a real hands-on owner, but knew when to hand things off to a pro (and knew where to find one).

I can think of no one better than you to complete the work as Randy envisioned.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Posted on: 2021/11/19 9:22
 Top  Print 

Re: Randy's Caribbean
Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
This may be a little off subject but I watched with interest the auction in Utica and was curious as to whether the Caribbeans in that collection had been known to the Packard Community and whether the auction company or owners had the time to log all serial numbers or identifying information for future tracking.
Some time ago I inquired as to the number of remaining 55:Caribbeans and received a reply that it was believed to be around 100.
There were several in this inventory…in addition to several 53-56 models and I was mostly curious as to whether any made the registry or other dats bases.
I was stunned at how cheaply the majority of cars sold for ..and happy that it appears that most cars will end up either as parts inventory or cores for restoration rather than ending in the crusher.
In 2009 I considered myself lucky to find a basket case 55:Caribbean with a title and numberes matching engine for $15,000. It took two additional parts cars and lots of chrome and stainless from around the country to get the car back on the road.
Hopefully some who acquired the cars will be offering parts through the Forum or on eBay
to allow projects to be completed.
I doubt that Leeedy’s missing 56:Caribbean ended up in Utica but unless cars from these kinds of collections can be documented before disassembly or destruction, the trail will go cold
With prices dropping on many old Packards while costs of parts, chroming , interiors and other things escalate, I hope that the inventory from Utica will allow at least some of the cars to see the road again…or supply the needed parts for Restoratiom of others .
I wish I were a decade younger…..I would have been a bidder to reckon with for the Caribbeans and some parte cars.
If anyone who bought a 38-40 convertible coupe wants to recoup their purchase price quickly…check to see if the door dovetails are in place and PM me. LOL
Good luck to all who bought and best wishes to the seller who assembled this amazing collection.
RJR

Posted on: 2021/11/23 2:05
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
As I work on this project consider myself lucky as Randy had taken care of most of Caribbean only parts. I find things I need are common like door stop limiters. Only trim piece that I found missing was the stainless trim for snaps that is located on body near trunk. Thanks to help from Packard info members have located what I need.
While working under dash on wiper drives job that bothers my old neck and back noticed the connector ducts (466337) from heater to defroster vents are missing. The good thing about this part of job is there are no seats in place so I can lay on floor without the seat taking space I need to lay down on.
Did track down guy who wound up with a lot of stainless trim Randy had off site which was picked up by guy who was helping family to dispose of stuff.
These were stainless side trim parts some are for Patrician 4 dr which I will not need if anyone needs pm me approx length I will see if I have it.
Now need source of clips (447820)for what Moulding floor side sill I call (rocker panel trim moulding)
This more than I planned to say as my dog is waiting to go go for her second walk

Posted on: 2021/11/23 9:34
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information
I have these clips but not sure if they are tall enough for rocker panel chrome. They measure 1-1/4" wide by 1-1/8" tall. If they can help you send me a PM.

Attach file:

png  Trim Clips.png (440.53 KB)
251_619d3095bd9e0.png 480X637 px

Posted on: 2021/11/23 13:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information

Attach file:

png  Rocker Clips.png (253.27 KB)
251_619d3bd30f8d1.png 379X508 px

Posted on: 2021/11/23 14:06
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved