Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
25 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 25

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

A 49 Packard is my first classic car. A Journey.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

1949 Super 8 DeLuxe
See User information
I've always wanted a Packard but didn't know much about them, still don't.....but I own one now.

I just purchased a 1949 Packard Super 8 Deluxe Touring Sedan, 22 series. Tell me if I'm wrong. Lol

It's currently in Oregon and it's about to be shipped down to San Diego CA where I plan to join you boys for a couple shows and parades over the years.

I'll be here for every problem and all the fun so please let me know what I need to know or what to look out for.

I've received a few shipping quotes but the highest rated company I have gotten a response from was Brookwide Inc. Any advice here is welcome.

Attach file:

jpg  1949-packard-touring_(3).jpg (53.39 KB)
225619_62b7ccd9c56a5.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  1949-packard-touring (9).jpg (45.31 KB)
225619_62b7e27a021c6.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2022/6/25 23:39
 Top  Print 

Re: A 49 Packard is my first classic car. A Journey.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

point
See User information
very nice looking car, body looks nice and straight, my advice would be ,always make sure the E brake works well, old cars doesn't have the dual brake system, looks like someone spend alot of money on the car over the years, enjoy it ,keep us informed, Regards, Joe

Posted on: 2022/6/26 1:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Welcome to PackardInfo.com.

Posted on: 2022/6/26 2:25
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day 1949 Super 8 DeLuxe, to PackardInfo.

A very good looking Packard, which I invite you to include in the Packard Vehicle Rgistry

Posted on: 2022/6/26 3:26
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Welcome to the asylum. I had had a couple of Packards Long Ago In A Land Far Far Away, long gone, and I just bought a few last year. Mine are mostly 21 series or earlier Clippers, so there are a lot of similarities.

The first auto mishap I ever had, I was 13 and moving without authorization my granddad's 23 series super sedan in a parking lot, and I backed into a Buick. It was Packard 1 and Buick 0. It was at an army base officer's club parking lot. Seems the Buick belonged to the base commander. So the next morning, my retired full bird took me down to meet the the serving full bird to discuss my poor judgment. The Colonel gave me a pass and I didn't learn a thing until years later. Today, I favor pull-through parking whenever possible because those cars are hard to see out of when backing.

You will find the people here most helpful. There is a wealth of information on this site. I haven't really sorted out the search function as of yet, but Google has, so I have better luck that way.

So, ask for help, sort out what you want to do with it, and go forth and have your own experience.

Posted on: 2022/6/26 4:39
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Very nice. There are a good number here (though not I) in that area so I don't doubt you'll run into some eventually

Posted on: 2022/6/26 6:32
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
Welcome, beautiful car, wish mine looked nearly as nice. I grew up with dad's 23rd series and drove it in high school days. One of my favorite styles.

Posted on: 2022/6/26 6:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
The dual hood releases and starter under the gas pedal on this car are not unique but unusual enough to be conversation items. If you have the Electromatic Clutch I have usually seen owners leave it off. The only weak spot I know of is the column shifter's tendency to slip out of gear if worn.

There are three front bumper styles in the 22nd series - you have the middle one. "Open mouth" with chromed center sections.

Posted on: 2022/6/26 7:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...I've had a 23rd series Deluxe for 10 years, Miss Prudence, and she is a great deal of fun. She receives thumbs up every place we go! If you look in the Vehicle Registry...You will find a complete listing of all the maintenance that Miss Prudence needed when she came to us. You may not need much of what Miss Prudence needed...but looking at the list might be helpful for you...Miss Prudence wishes you the best of luck...and a good lady to share your Packard with. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2022/6/26 10:41
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

1949 Super 8 DeLuxe
See User information
Oh man. I really appreciate the responses.

I just knew when I bought this car that I was buying into a club of cool guys who like cool cars. It's a major addition to the purchase. At 37 I'm a little younger than some of you but I plan on passing on these traditions.

Posted on: 2022/7/2 21:23
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved