Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
67 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 64

OLDMO, BigKev, bkazmer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: Website
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
Just to get an idea of how effective the geo-blocking was, look at the drop in hits from the prior days the last 24 hours.

So from 500,000+ hit average to ~50,000. So a 90% drop in resource-consuming traffic.

Begone foul bots!

Attach file:

jpg  Mister Co Py looks miffed.jpg (43.13 KB)
757_651753d34c557.jpg 395X600 px

Posted on: 2023/9/29 17:46
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It has to be something with the browser then.

Posted on: 2023/9/29 18:00
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Two mobile devices, two PCs and several different browsers do the same thing but as I mentioned it seems to clear up eventually. As an IT and Web programmer myself, it seems a bit it a mystery to me too which is why I mentioned it!

It could be something to do with the HEIC to JPEG conversion that is done somewhere along the line and possibly the use of the JPEG extension rather than JPG. They should be the same thing and equally compatible but I’ve found imaging applications that won’t open a JPEG until it’s been renamed. For me, I usually upload from my iPad so maybe the device itself does the conversion and if so, that could be a clue if something was recently changed significantly in iPadOS although my iPad is too old for any recent versions.

Posted on: 2023/9/29 18:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
I use Brave for browsing and do tend to keep its blockers on and browse the site not logged in, only logging in to comment/post.

Posted on: 2023/9/29 19:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Kev, I am curious about an issue I have with the recent posts section showing sometimes days old posts. This seems to happen on a fairly regular basis because I have it occur almost daily and sometimes more than once. It even happens after clearing the cache. Got in the habit of doing the clearing a couple of times a day but even then sometimes it doesn't really help and can take two or three refreshes before the most recent posts appear in the recents section.

Here is an example of how it displayed on the first visit a few minutes ago

Click to see original Image in a new window

and here is how it appeared correctly roughly 30 seconds or 2 refreshes later.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Am using the latest OS and version of Safari on the Mac. I don't routinely use the Firefox browser enough to know if it happens on it. Is there something unique to Safari or does something really significant have to change on a page for the browser to know to get a fresh page

Posted on: 12/12 20:12
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
It might be unique to Apple browsers. I never see that on Chrome (iOS, Android, PC)

Posted on: 12/12 20:14
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Possibly but I believe both Chrome and Safari use Web Kit as the building block for the browser although am sure Google and Apple customize it to have their specific features.

Posted on: 12/12 20:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I do my browsing mainly by cell phone- Android with Chrome. Have seen this sort of thing occassionally. I just leave, come back later, and its OK.

Posted on: 12/12 20:48
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Something odd for sure as what you posted in that first photo are the most recent topics in the Shows and Events forum. Where it should be showing most recent across all the Forums.

I'll take a look tomorrow. Perhaps there is a corrupt index in the database or something.

Posted on: 12/12 21:40
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
...the recent posts section showing sometimes days old posts...

Same here. I use Windows and Chrome.

Posted on: 12/13 1:30
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved