Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
91 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Packards on www.bringatrailer.com
Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
There are two Packards listed now on this online auction site; a 1949 Standard Eight Sedan (22nd Series) and a 1938 Six Sedan. The '49 was in a Mecum auction last year. It got a high bid of $20K which I think is a bit much for a base model four door, but the seller, a dealer, is apparently looking for more. Current bid is $5,800. The '38 is a really nice original car. It is not running and has a cracked block, but the seller is including a spare engine and transmission for it. Think it is a worthy project. Current bid is $2,500.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1949-packard-super-eight-9/

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1938-packard-4-door-sedan/

Posted on: 2023/11/10 9:41
 Top  Print   

Re: Packards on www.bringatrailer.com
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
The 49, assuming the upholstery is either original or period-correct, I think is worth 20k. Of course the problem is finding someone to pay that.

The 38 looks like a nice project too, as long as the spare drivetrain is work using, possibly a rare low budget 30's car.

Posted on: 2023/11/10 10:58
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
The overall appearance and lack of any "lazy door handles" on the '38 sedan may indicate that the low indicated mileage is correct.

Posted on: 2023/11/10 15:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I think tbe 38 us a great entry level project. 46 ,000 genuine original miles and a fresh engine....oh yeah, ready by spring...

Posted on: 2023/11/10 21:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
The '38 ended up going for $8500 and included a rebuilt (not installed) engine/transmission. I commented to encourage the buyer to add to the registry here since I wasn't sure if an existing user was in the bidding so hopefully it will be added.

Posted on: 2023/11/15 21:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
CCR wrote:The '38 ended up going for $8500 and included a rebuilt (not installed) engine/transmission. I commented to encourage the buyer to add to the registry here since I wasn't sure if an existing user was in the bidding so hopefully it will be added.

Great pro-active work there, promoting PackardInfo and the Registry.

Posted on: 2023/11/16 2:12
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
The 1949 sedan was a no-sale at $15,500. Reserve was not met. It is now up for sale on LA Craigslist with an asking price of $21,500. Think this is a bit much for a 22nd series Standard Eight sedan. This car is admittedly quite nice, but I'm just put off by the non-authentic white roof. I think is makes the car look like a taxicab:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ctd/d/sun-valley-1949-packard-sedan/7687626746.html

There are two more Packards on BringaTrailer today, a 1937 120 Convertible Coupe and a 1940 120 Club Coupe. The '37 was on this site previously this past April and got a high bid of $60,120. It looks like a nice car but has some serious paint issues. Cracks everywhere, particularly around the rumble seat area. It is an older restoration which has obviously been toured extensively.

The 1940 120 Coupe is a very good driver quality restoration with an exceptionally nice interior. Undercarriage and engine bay are a bit grungy, but it looks great topside and appears very sharp in the dark red color (Laguna Maroon)

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1937-packard-120-6/

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1940-packard-120-coupe/

Posted on: 2023/11/16 11:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The 1940 looks very nice and interesting that it is an earlier model with the squished-end bumpers and script hubcaps but it has a very high engine number. My main 1940 was a later one but had a very early number of C4411. I'm not sure if the coupes and convertibles used the trunk emblem which on an earlier car would be a chromed steel fleur-de-lis but this car has none.

Posted on: 2023/11/16 12:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
The '37 120 just sold for $56k; fully $4k less than the April top bid. Buyer got a really good deal, I think.

Posted on: 2023/11/17 14:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
The 37 120 has some very interesting shots of the fitting of the OD box to a non OD car. Photos from about 215 to 224 of the photos accompanying the advert.

Posted on: 2023/11/17 16:05
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved