Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
95 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 »

Re: 1937 120 Conv. Sedan - Blanche
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
It really shouldn't make a difference. I believe they are the same formulation. The stuff that comes in paint can can be either sprayed or applied with a brush. Either way should work.

Posted on: 4/14 17:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
You’ll probably be able to get it on more evenly with the aerosol but I still recommend sandblasting first.

Posted on: 4/14 17:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
I have used spray contact cement and it is sooo much better, much easier to get an even coat and on large areas like this you are not wasting time getting the glue on while it starts to kick off.
Be sure and scrub the rubber clean of any mould release before applying the glue.
Bob J.

Posted on: 4/14 18:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Thanks.

So I am putting the sending unit into the gas tank. Ran into a problem. Not sure if this is standard or not.

It looks like the gas tank is not the same depth as the original and the new and old sending unit bottom out.

I was going to adjust the new sending unit so it will fit but was wondering if others ran into this before?

Tank is from Moparpro and sending unit from Max.

Didn’t want to go question either till I got some feedback from you guys.

Thoughts appreciated!

Posted on: 4/15 12:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
My experience:
I had my original (super rusty!) tank relined and coated, but I had KM Lifestyle make a new sending unit for me. I did find, as you have, that the pickup touched the bottom of the tank before the top ring seated, I slowly bent the pick-up and test fitted it until it just cleared the bottom of the tank, you do not want to do too much or the last bit of gas will not get picked up.
So far so good with gas pick up by the pump.
Bob J.

Posted on: 4/15 13:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Thanks Bob. So I was able to adjust and get the unit into the tank and have it dry fit in-place. Working the straps looks to be the next hurdle. Will tackle that tomorrow.

Also was able to start the running board pad install. Got the top adhered. Will let that settle for a day and then begin getting the sides down. For sure glad I made the choice to get the pads that have the ridges on the back side.

Happy with how they turned out so far.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 4/15 18:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
They look great!!
Bob J.

Posted on: 4/15 18:08
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
They look great!

Posted on: 4/15 21:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don B
See User information
Quote:

37Blanche wrote:
Thanks.

So I am putting the sending unit into the gas tank. Ran into a problem. Not sure if this is standard or not.

It looks like the gas tank is not the same depth as the original and the new and old sending unit bottom out.

I was going to adjust the new sending unit so it will fit but was wondering if others ran into this before?

Tank is from Moparpro and sending unit from Max.

Didn’t want to go question either till I got some feedback from you guys.

Thoughts appreciated!

I recently had the same issue with the sending unit from Max Merritt. I ended up exchanging it for the one they sell for the 115C and that fit perfectly. I don’t know if my tank was replaced at some point, but the owners manual says it should be 20 gallons and that seems to be what it holds.

Here is a link to the discussion in my project blog with some details.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=130&topic_id=25984&order=DESC&status=&mode=0

Posted on: 4/15 22:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Interesting Don. Thanks. I hope my slight modification does the trick!!

Also, Today in history is Blanches’ GOTCHA DAY. 4/16/1937 my great grand father Buch purchased her.
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 4/16 6:16
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved