Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 233

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Model question
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Aden
See User information
My 13 year old son made a deal on what we are told is a 1946 Packard. However we are unsure if it is a 46 or 47 the vehicle number is 2122-6322 delivered in 7-47. Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on: 2010/1/2 23:46
 Top  Print   

Re: Model question
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
That would be a 1947 Custom Super Clipper Eight Touring Sedan.

Link to Model Info

Posted on: 2010/1/2 23:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
21st series encompassed both years but the 2122 is considered a 47. Check out the models here:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/index.php?mode=series&id=21st&ButtonSeries=Go

Another indicator as to approx where in cycle it was built and considered is the motor number located on drivers side of engine just below head/block parting line about in the middle around distributor. Should start with an F. That information is here:https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/PackardEngineSerials.pdf

Posted on: 2010/1/3 0:01
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Aden
See User information
Ironically the registration says its a 1946 as well the difference I see is the wheel well covers are there any other interior or exterior differences between 46 and 47?

Posted on: 2010/1/3 0:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Both the 46 and 47 cars are members of the 21st series of cars, to put it another way the 1947 cars are a continuation of the 1946 cars; there were probably some running changes but other than the second portion of the vehicle number and the motor number, they are essentially identical. I'm not an expert on the 21st series so perhaps there are some details that others will bring to light.

The situation isn't so unusual, Chrysler did similarly just post-war, and a lot of state motor vehicle agencies were easily confused. But based on your VN, your car is clearly a 1947.

Posted on: 2010/1/3 0:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Aden wrote: My 13 year old son made a deal on what we are told is a 1946 Packard. However we are unsure if it is a 46 or 47 the vehicle number is 2122-6322......
G'day Aden and also to your son,
Would like to you both to PackardInfo. I see you've already benefited from the advice of the friendly and knowledgeable Packard people here and I encourage to continue asking questions. Also, could you please include what has now been identified as a '47 Packard in the Packard Owner's Registry, together with a pic, any known history and how your son acquired it? In fact your son may wish to join as a member to include it himself, in which case he would surely be the youngest here.

Posted on: 2010/1/3 1:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved