Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 209

Ozstatman, Tom (Packin31), Ross, todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Re: A boat on wheels
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Did the Pentacon use screw-mount or bayonet-mount lenses? I used to have a couple of Exacta screw-mount lenses which were compatible with the old Pentax lens mount system. I don't remember them as being particulary good lenses optically, but then again they were competing with Japanese multi-coated lenses of the 70s which, at the top end, Pentax and Nikon, were pretty outstanding.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 20:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
My Pentax Spotmatic 500 is an excellent camera although the screw on lense mount can be a a pain when trying to make a quick lens change.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 22:38

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Dave, everytime we have an exchange it seems we have more and more in common, I just recently sold my oldest Pentax, an H2, but still cherish my Spotmatic for which I've a basket full of Takumar and Super Takumar lenses. Sometimes wish I had a good zoom in thread mount for it, but it's still my favorite camera, over my Nikon and Leica and I've lugged it on dozens and dozens of vacation trips including my last to Greece, Italy, Egypt, Israel, Croatia, Turkey, etc. What a great, if dated, camera.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 22:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Dave, I guess us old guys think alike? My old Spotmatic 500 has been with me to Europe 3 times! I love the simplicity of the light meter and it takes excellent photographs. I have a Vivitar Series 1 70-210MM macro lens as well which is quite long and heavy but which has seen a lot of use. I sold an SP 1000 several years ago but wish now that I had kept it. I remember about 1975 coming out of the St Bavos church in Haarlem, Netherlands wearing a trench coat and aviator style sunglasses. I had the Pentax in a big camera bag. Two Dutch kids about 10 years old started calling out to me "CIA...CIA". I guess they figured I looked like a spy.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 23:01

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yeah they are great cameras. A couple of years ago while parts were still available I sent it out for routine service by a Honeywell service center and had a new cloth shutter installed, as much for the fact that it was available than anything else. I guess my two least-used lenses are a Super Takumar 50mm f4 Macro (a wonderful lens), and an Auto Steinheil 360 mm f5.6. I originally bought the camera for my father who rarely had 2 nickels for such things and was slaving away with an old Argus C-3.

I used it quite a bit at work and still have the microscope adapter, bellows, right-angle view finder, and a bunch of other do-dads.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 23:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Does anyone use 8mm movie cameras and projectors????? I sold a Revere 777 8 mm projector to a young lady yesterday. She said she liked the warmth of the colors or some other quality of developed film as opposed to digital. I don't know much about photogoraphy at all.

One thing she did not know was whether or not Super 8 film would work on an 8mm projector. The projector said only 8mm. No mention on the projector of SUper 8 capability.

Posted on: 2010/2/6 9:20
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Gee, I don't know if a Super eight will fit a regular eight but I do know that a Custom eight will not conveniently fit into the space of an eight. And you have to watch out for the 10mm vs 14mm plug sizes in the head.

We now return you to the camerainfo.com website...

No, I don't think Super 8 film will run on a regular 8 projector unless the projector is a dual format projector (they do exist). Of course if you have a Twin Six projector then all bets are off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:8mm_and_super8.png

Posted on: 2010/2/6 9:53
 Top  Print   

Re: Keith's old Super 8 project(or) and a lot of other photo issues
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
And it might be better if Kev moved the whole thread to the General Forum even though it is a Pre-War car in Gerd's non camera pic's. BTW Gerd, can you tell us about the car in the pic's please?

Posted on: 2010/2/6 15:58
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Per request...topic moved.

Posted on: 2010/2/6 17:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'm wondering if the car is historically correct. The Interior color strikes me as odd for that era and the slanting instrument panel. But i don't really know. Even for a custom one-off model the interior strikes me as odd for that time period.

BEAUTIFUL nonetheless. Something that appeals to me as much ANY car i've ever seen.

Posted on: 2010/2/6 20:54
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved