Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Touring - "Spring in the Berkshires"
Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
FWIW, those of you on Facebook can go to "Lime Rock Park: The Racing Center of the East", Lime Rock's Facebook page, and click on "Packards in the Park" and see some pictures taken by Lime Rock personnel of at least some of the cars taking part in the event at Lime Rock.
Ken

Posted on: 2012/6/9 12:08
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks Ken. No need to be a Facebook user, you can just use the direct link to the photos as provided by Lime Rock Park.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150904302134003.424496.44115954002&type=1

Photos by Ryan McIntosh & Rick Roso of the LRP staff.

Posted on: 2012/6/9 12:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just received a photo from one of the participants I thought some of you might enjoy. Shown are 2 1937 Super 8s, a coupe victoria (coupe for 5 passengers) and a convertible victoria, the former a quite rare body style. The convertible is essentially original and unrestored with a patina of decades of loving care. The coupe victoria received the long distance award, it was driven over 600 miles to the meet from near Roanoke, VA and will be driven more than that number of miles on it's return as the owner is looping up into Canada before returning home.

Note the very pretty Mayfair in the background. The other car in the background is a 1940 Super 8 convertible (1803).

Attach file:

jpg  (118.40 KB)
177_4fd3b8c45f2f0.jpg 1280X854 px

Posted on: 2012/6/9 15:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Owen_Dyneto wrote:Thanks Ken. No need to be a Facebook user, you can just use the direct link to the photos as provided by Lime Rock Park.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150904302134003.424496.44115954002&type=1

Photos by Ryan McIntosh & Rick Roso of the LRP staff.
Dave,

Looking at the many Facebook photos I have singled out two which caught my attention.

Attach file:

jpg  (83.40 KB)
226_4fd41b753b1e5.jpg 960X638 px

jpg  (20.59 KB)
226_4fd41b82cb517.jpg 426X304 px

Posted on: 2012/6/9 22:59
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Is that Ross's '56 Packup?

Posted on: 2012/6/9 23:35
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Droll comments to the contrary, I had the mountain bike along in the back of the truck to ride the trails in Beartown State Forrest later in the day. Fuuuuun.

Posted on: 2012/6/10 6:02
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks for the pix Mal. And who says you can't be competitive at Lime Rock and finish 3rd in a field of about 40 with bias ply tires?

Some might notice the parking lights are on, it wasn't to warn the competition of my astounding speed; cars of this era didn't have full generator control, just voltage and a cutout. So to keep the generator from overcharging the battery (thus boiling off the electrolyte and potentially warping the plates) on longer continuous drives you've got to sop up the excess output by using the radio or keeping the lights on.

Posted on: 2012/6/10 7:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Thanks to all who supplied pictures - not as good as being there, but a lot to enjoy nonetheless.

Posted on: 2012/6/10 9:11
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved