Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 142

56executive, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard heater what year does it fit?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
Hello I have a Packard Delux heater and on its metal tag its marked H81. It has ducts for two defroster vents. Does anyone know what year and models this fits? It was bought for a 37 120 but I know its not for that model at least.

Don

Attach file:

jpg  (62.89 KB)
1153_4939f4de73c97.jpg 1280X719 px

Posted on: 2008/12/5 22:30
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard heater what year does it fit?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Its a bit cold in the barn or I'd go out and verify, but more than likely from memory it is a 38-39 heater, which, per the Packard Accessory Bulletins, is AOK for 37, though not the same as what is shown in the 37 accessory brochure...
can you post a picture to verify?

Posted on: 2008/12/5 22:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Don wrote: Hello I have a Packard Delux heater and on its metal tag its marked H81. It has ducts for two defroster vents. Does anyone know what year and models this fits? It was bought for a 37 120 but I know its not for that model at least. Don

G'day Don,
to the Site. Sorry can't help with your query but more info especially a picture or two would certainly help.

Presume the '37 120 you refer to in the post is yours? If so, could you please add it to the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?
Again -

Posted on: 2008/12/5 22:38
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
Yes I will put my 1937 Rumble seat 120 coupe in the registry also have a 37 115C Touring Sedan. In 1984 I sold a 1937 120 Bus Coupe to a George Miunder? in Australia. At the time he said it would be the only one of that Model down under. Don

Posted on: 2008/12/5 22:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Don,

Welcome to the PInfo website. I concur with all the free advise you have been given so far.

Here are picture-links on this site. These are 120C interiors that include a bit of heater exposure. However, they look different than your picture.

37 interior?
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=832

1937 One-Twenty-C Interior
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=832

1937 One-Twenty-C Interior -left-side
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/uploads/photos/1150.jpg

1937 120-c Interior
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/uploads/photos/153.jpg

These look more circular than your shield-shaped heater. I am lo expert, but my guess from the shield like logo on your heater would be 1940-41.

Either way, stay warm!

DanL

Posted on: 2008/12/5 23:09
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't know the answer, but before I accepted evidence based on a restored car unless I knew its provenance, I'd look thru the accessory catalogs of the various years to see pictures of the actual heater offered in that year.

Posted on: 2008/12/5 23:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Qwen
Good hunch.
The 1937 Sales Brochure in the Packard Articles section of the website shows a 'round' shaped heated as optional equipment. It is on page 36 (second to last page).

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.category.php?35

So this does not appear to be from a 37.

DanL

Posted on: 2008/12/6 0:12
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Quote:

Don wrote:
Hello I have a Packard Delux heater and on its metal tag its marked H81. It has ducts for two defroster vents. Does anyone know what year and models this fits? It was bought for a 37 120 but I know its not for that model at least.

Don

Welcome to the forum, Don.

Just a couple of things. I hope not to disappoint, but this is not a deluxe heater. This is a standard heater (says "Standard" on badge under the word Packard). A deluxe heater (says "Deluxe" on badge under the word Packard) has a vertical chrome strip that runs from top to bottom, middle of the heater, creating the badge as well. A deluxe heater also has horizontal narrow chrome strips running across the face of the heater, including the doors. Physically, and dimensionally, the same basic unit.

The defroster is an additional add on acessory, and applicable to either (standard or deluxe) unit. There is simply a block-off plate that is removed, and the defroster assembly piggybacks.

This is a very desirable assembly. Nice find!

I concur with Flackmaster on 38 - 39. Not personally familiar with 37 application, but would surely trust Flackmasters information on Packard Accessory Bulletins.

Best of luck,
Jim

Posted on: 2008/12/6 1:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Don wrote: Yes I will put my 1937 Rumble seat 120 coupe in the registry also have a 37 115C Touring Sedan. In 1984 I sold a 1937 120 Bus Coupe to a George Miunder? in Australia. At the time he said it would be the only one of that Model down under. Don

Don,
I'll look forward to seeing your two '37's in the Owner's Registry.

Regarding the Bus Coupe you sold down under, I've looked in the most recent Packard Automobile Club of Australia's Register of Members but can't find anyone there by that name. And because I'm comparatively new to the Packard club here, only been directly involved for the last 18 months, maybe one of our other Aussie members can help out if the name is familiar?

Posted on: 2008/12/6 2:49
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I just looked at my heater in my 38 8 club coupe and it has the delux version (as described by 39super8) of the heater you have pictured

Posted on: 2008/12/6 10:20
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved