Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
239 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 238

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

New to Forum
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Phil53
See User information
Hi I'm new to this forum, but not new to Packards. I've been a member of PAC for about 18 years and have owned 5 cars and worked on 2 of my Dad's. Also had a couple of Studebakers along the way. I was refered to this site by Dave (AKA Owen) and am truely amazed at the information available here and the dedication of all involved. While PAC is a great club, I think this group does for Packard what other groups haven't been able to achieve,which is to recruit the younger enthusiasts. I am excited to be a part of this group and look forward to participating and contributing (although I will probably be getting more help than giving.
Currently I own two Packards, a 53 400 Patrician, and a 55 400. The 55 is a recent purchase and the T/L is not working. The fuse near the starter checks out OK and the other fuse must be OK since the courtesy lights work, but I don't have brake lights. Would a bad brake light switch disable the T/L system?

Posted on: 2012/1/31 17:23
 Top  Print   

Re: New to Forum
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Welcome to the forum. Since it's a 55 and body feed fuse & courtesy lights appear OK, the brake switch does have two sets of contacts and provides the feed to the TL control switch circuit. If bad, it will disable the system & the switches are known to fail. Options are a NOS switch, a 3 terminal VW replacement from parts store, a relay conversion so a standard 2 prong switch will work or a full mechanical switch replacement operated by the pedal arm. Here is a thread having some mention of the options and some switch replacements available locally.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=16977#forumpost16977

Posted on: 2012/1/31 17:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
No brake lights indicate a blown fuse. Check the stoplight fuse in 55 TL systems. If it blows, the TL will not work.
AND to the forum - glad you have signed up.
A nice gent named Mal will be along shortly to ask a small favor. Humor him - he's really a good gent.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 18:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Phil, welcome to the center of the Packard universe, welcome to PackardInfo.com!

Click to see original Image in a new window
welcome to Mal's hunting ground

[picture source: www.classiccar.com]

Posted on: 2012/2/1 3:20
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
randy berger wrote:....A nice gent named Mal will be along shortly to ask a small favor. Humor him - he's really a good gent....
G'day Phil,
to PackardInfo, any friend of Dave's is a friend of ours, and the gent Randy so nicely referred to is me! The small favour? Why adding your '53 Patrician, and '55 400 to the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 7:59
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Hi Phil,

I think our paths have crossed a few times. Your '53 Patrician wouldn't happen to be maroon would it? You may recognize my car from the avatar.

As others have said, welcome to this great forum. You will find a wealth of knowledge here and many wonderful folks willing to help. I look forward to seeing the new addition to your Packard stable.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 10:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Bellefeuille
See User information
Welcome Phil! Here you'll will find a friendly crew always available for conversation.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 10:47
Paul
1955 Clipper Super

"Your fate is just your destiny when you do not try." Cosy Sheridan
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Welcome to the website!

Posted on: 2012/2/1 12:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Welcome Phil, Glad to hear from you and am glad to help in any way I can.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 12:24
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Hello Phil,
I will give you a suggestion on your TL. Last weekend, I went with another Packards North Texas member to help with another members 56 Caribbean TL.

He was going to replace one thing and another. It turned out that the wires were not on the right terminals on the stop light switch!

Posted on: 2012/2/1 15:15
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved