Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 212

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1951 200
Just popping in
Just popping in

LSX_Packard
See User information
Welp, got her out finally with her new rear end… drove great.. however now I’m missing a hood… anyone know where I could find a hood for her?

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Yesterday 21:57
 Top  Print   

Re: 1951 200
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
51-53 hoods will all fit and should be relatively easy to find off a parts car either thru someone on the forum or from one of the vendors. The parts book lists the same number for those years but a separate number for 54 and not sure what the difference might be unless it is the holes for the hood ornament or hinges. Pacific Southwest in San Diego did have several hoods at one time so might still have something as might Tucson Packards or Kanter Auto. Max Merritt in Franklin, IN might also have something and would be closer to you but unless you could pick it up freight from any of them will probably not be cheap.

51 hoods had PACKARD spelled out in chrome letters so a hood specifically for 51 will have holes for the letters drilled across the front if you want to stay original. You could drill holes for letters in other year hoods and as Packard dealers did with service replacement hoods but without a template it would be a challenge to get things lined up. If you have no hood or letters now and don't care if the car is completely stock then 52-53 hoods would be better and maybe even 54 could work but without knowing the specific difference that would be the last option..

Posted on: Yesterday 22:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
LSX_Packard, per your comment "lets see how fast the old girl can go" in the Registry entry, did you ever find how fast it could go?

Posted on: Today 0:29
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Many parts were different for 1954 but on something like the hood I’ve never been able to see what the differences are! The hood ornament holes would be the same as 1953 and I know they are the exact same size and shape unless there was some difference in the latch design.

Posted on: Today 2:23
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved