Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
172 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 170

Tom (Packin31), happy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: PAC site question
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
You have a good point about support. My point is there seems to be many new to Packard owners who may not have had a car long enough to join a club or even know if they want to. Those people do find the PAC site to ask a question about their car but for whatever reason they do not find the packardinfo forum. Cutting them off from the PAC forum without joining the club first seems counterproductive.

I don't disagree with you there. It would be much better to give them access to the forums.

Unfortunately I think many new Packard owners go to Facebook. Probably the most useless place for information.

Posted on: 1/4 18:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
To some extent yes, but it’s not horrible if you are in the right groups. There is even a Packardinfo group. This is like the local public library and Facebook is like the bar. If all you need are a bunch of people’s 2 cents, or to buy, sell, or show off, it’s adequate.

Posted on: 1/4 18:45
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
kevinpackard wrote:....it's about time for me to make another donation.....

Great idea Kevin, I've just clicked on the Donate button on the left side of this page and done just that. Little News Years gift for BigKev and the Website.

Posted on: 1/4 19:29
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Spencer B.
See User information
I just did the same - the small amount I donated doesn’t come close to how valuable the site has been for me, but at least I want bigkev to know I appreciate everything he’s done here.

Posted on: 1/4 19:46
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks Guys, much appreciated!

Posted on: 1/4 20:00
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Guess that explains it but to me seems short sighted. Could see restrictions being a good thing if placed on items with personal info such as membership and rosters but IMO, you would want to encourage as much traffic as possible to forums and maybe even classifieds.

I suspect there are probably far more Packard owners who are not members of PAC or any club than there are members. Like Fish'n Jim, I too am a former member but I don't remember PAC ever being restricted before other than by a webmaster that absolutely would not accept any post with the word modification in it. Non member expertise will be lost so time will tell if it was a good decision.

Fortunately Packardinfo has many times the amount of content and forum traffic and as I recall it was started in large part because of restrictions placed on that other very popular forum which drove most of their posters away. Can't see a lot happening if the restriction is meant to boost PAC membership. If it is a way to cut down on bandwidth costs and spam, it will surely succeed.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 1/4 21:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
HPH, Thanks for posting the explanation. The intent and items mentioned in the original notice as being restricted sounds entirely reasonable. Since the forum was not mentioned as one of the restricted areas but is now behind the firewall it would appear somewhere there is miscommunication or for whatever reason the intent changed. I have expressed my so being one who also does not find much reason to visit the PAC site or post on that forum all that often guess there is nothing more to add.

Posted on: 1/5 10:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Looks like some aspects of the PAC Website have finally "come back to life", including their Forums.

Posted on: 2/3 14:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As far as classified ads go, they are free for people to post on my Packard / IMPERIAL page and, even though most there are my own, anyone can use it! A free membership is required but that’s it. I’ve found and sold quite a few things through it including several cars so it does work in spite being a relatively minor site in the scope of things. Granted, it needs some work (I’m currently fully reprogramming it) so if anyone decides to try it out, I am always open to feekback through th site’s Contact form.

Posted on: 2/3 15:34
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
Looks like some aspects of the PAC Website have finally "come back to life", including their Forums.

Still waiting on the Rosters 🤔

Posted on: 2/3 15:56
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved