Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
66 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 64

Ken_P, 64avanti, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 500 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Friends

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket tonight. I tried to buy an original 23rd series Custom Eight over 20 years ago but didn't have the money. It is in not as nice shape now as it was. My memory is that the upholstery was something other than shadow cloth but I didn't know as much about them as I do now.

Price? Try to find one in that condition. Try to find one at all. 22nd series Custom Eights are not plentiful, but there are a heck of a lot more them around.

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2014/2/14 19:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I called the seller and he said $28K was bottom dallar. I told him IMO he'll be hard pressed to get over $20K unless someone that doesn't know Packards just doesn't care and has more money than brains. Again, JMO. I like it myself but would pay no more than $18K.

Posted on: 2014/2/14 19:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2014/2/15 9:25
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The more I look at that 1950 Custom 8 sedan and discuss it with folks who own/follow the 48-50 Custom 8 cars, the more I think the asking price isn't that unrealistic.

Image from factory brochure (courtesy of Robert Neal) of a 2352 with blue interior. I note the steering column isn't chrome-plated, yet it was on my 2352 which was a low-mileage funeral service car when I purchased it in 1960. Of course images like this were created considerably before the cars actually went into production. Note the kick panel on the door and the arm rest are blue, but neither the door panel itself nor the carpets are.

Attach file:

jpg  (109.83 KB)
177_52ff8641828da.jpg 1280X997 px

Posted on: 2014/2/15 10:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
That's very interesting to me. My '50 has a 501 interior (all tan) so I can't use it as an example. There are photos, factory photos, and brochure renditions of 21st and 22nd series Customs that definitely have matching (dark) door panels. I have the original door panels from my 22nd series Custom and they are dark green broadcloth to match the green shadowcloth on the seats. I guess that must have changed with the 23rd series. Live and learn.

Here's an illustration from the 1948 Fact Book of a 22nd Series Custom Sedan interior:

Attach file:

jpg  (31.22 KB)
188_52ffbe50ca734.jpg 626X303 px

Posted on: 2014/2/15 14:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Here is a photo of the driver side front interior in my Custom Clipper. I also agree the piping is more of an ivory or cream color not white. The interior of this car is original except for the heel panel the previous owner had sewn in to cover carpet wear.

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (114.36 KB)
565_530017a69be3e.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2014/2/15 20:43
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I don't think this seller knows what he has:

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/4268941335.html

Posted on: 2014/2/16 8:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sloride75
See User information
Agreed, nice find! Looks like it still has the radio, too. Someone is going to get a great deal. Wish I were closer to Arkansas.

Posted on: 2014/2/16 9:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Had not seen this before, the interior is not very faithful to the OEM.
http://classiccars.com/listings/view/429863/1956-packard-400-for-sale-in-quartzsite-arizona-85346

Posted on: 2014/2/16 19:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Not only is the weaveof fabric from more recent decades, but they strayed a bit from the original pattern of the seat covers - even more so from the application of colors.

Somebody sure didn't give a thought about driving the car in full sunlight when they painted the top of the instrument panel in white. Of course, since they stripped the covering and pad, you could always paint it red to get by.

I don't even wanna go into all the missing pieces.

Posted on: 2014/2/16 22:45
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 500 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved